Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Lil Wayne To Be Released From Rikers Tomorrow



I don't really blog to report on gossip and other stories I like to stick to the music, but I'm very interested to see how Wayne will be after his release tomorrow aftenoon. He's been clean his whole time in jail, and changed his song-writing process. He writes his lyrics down instead of listening to a beat then rapping. I wonder if his music will change, because in my opinion Lil Wayne has gotten worse as lyricist over the years. Glad he'll be released, hope his time in jail has changed him both musically and mentally. Below you can check the Q&A he did from jail about his time in jail.
Lil Wayne: Young Money artists Drake and Nicki Minaj are both born stars! I am just blessed to have them on the team. It’s Drake’s drive to be great and Nick’s motivation to be different and creative. I am not shocked at all about their immediate success.

You’ve been one of the most prolific artists alive over the past five years, but most of that came to a halt with your prison sentence. Did you enjoy just writing and not recording in the studio? And did that change your process at all? Has any of it been frustrating, or have you enjoyed the break?

I definitely enjoyed the writing process and it was a lot different from just being in the studio with music. It’s more critical and personal. It was frustrating at times but for the most part it was beautiful, as it’s always beautiful to create.

When you’re released, where will your focus be musically?

When I’m released, I’ll be giving my musical attention to “The Carter IV” and promoting “I Am Not A Human being.” I may drop a mixtape! You know me!

What’s the one thing that occurred this year that you’ve regretted the most? What did you miss most while you were incarcerated?

No regrets. I missed my wonderful kids the most!!

Which artists/friends have been the most supportive while you’ve been incarcerated? Have there been a lot of visits? Which have been the most surprising/unexpected?

All artists and friends were very supportive. Thank God I’ve gotten two visits a week since the day I walked in. I’d have to say the visit from Diddy was most surprising because there’s a lot that you’re required to go through and to think he did just to see me is more than cool. But again, everybody has been more than supportive. I never felt alone.

What kind of facilities were you allowed to use while locked up? For example, how often were you allowed on a computer to update twitter?

I used the phone everyday, but no computer at all. I just have to thank Karen Civil for keeping my site so great!

What’s the most important thing you’ve learned throughout this experience? What has been the most positive thing out of the whole ordeal?

I’ve learned about my strength and inner peace. I’ve shown myself how patient I can be. The most important or positive thing I’ve gotten out of this is the ability to be so humble.

We’ve heard you on the various phone interviews you’ve done since being in jail, and you sound very refreshed. Do you plan on continuing this clean streak? What are you most nervous about acclimating to once you are released?

I’m not nervous about anything and I have no choice but to continue this clean streak.

You spent a lot of time reading and answering fan mail while you’ve been in jail. What did you learn about your fans from that?

I’ve learned a lot from my fans, mostly about my impact on others’ lives. There are many letters that helped me in many ways. And I do plan on reading more fan mail after my release.

You recently said Eric Benet’s “Sometimes I Cry” song is one of your favorites tunes to listen to in jail. What other songs are you listening to these days?

I only listened to the slow jams station, so whatever they played, I jammed to.

Since your incarnation, T.I. has gotten arrested and will serve time again. What are your thoughts on his situation, and do you think the jail system actually serves to rehabilitates people?

No comment.

What’s your next tattoo? Will you memorialize your time in jail with some sort of ink?

Not sure.

What details can you give us about your welcome home concert? Also, what are the first five things you want to do when you are released other than perform?

Not sure about the concert yet. And the first five things I will do is kiss Reginae, kiss little Dwayne, kiss Neal, kiss Kameron and kiss my wonderful mother Cita.

No comments:

About

Created October 2009 - All music is for promotional use only. I do not own any of the other material featured on this blog. Unless it was made myself