Sunday, November 21, 2010

Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday (Quick Album Review)



First of, I didn't feel like putting up that awful cover so I decided to put up this alternate cover I found. This was probably the hardest review that I've ever done, because I had not planned to listen to the whole thing from beginning to end. The album does have a few shining moments but in the end fails to deliver anything memorable. Although, I fully expect her barbie fans to run to the stores and buy the album. Giving it good sales, but unless she can improve musically she will not be around as long as expected.

I'm also not quite sure what her direction is. She sounds very poppy at times, and then other times she sounds like the Queens chick she actually is. Her style changes up to much for me. She sounds all over the place for a large part of the album. What I'm saying is she needs to pick a lane and stick to it. Or is it the fact that she doesn't pick a lane that makes her so interesting. Album earns a grade of C- from me. There are some very good songs on here even though as a whole it lacks.

Standout Tracks:
Moment 4 Life (Featuring Drake)
Blazin' (Featuring Kanye West)
Fly (Featuring Rihanna)
Your Love
Right Thru Me
Roman's Revenge

No comments:

About

Created October 2009 - All music is for promotional use only. I do not own any of the other material featured on this blog. Unless it was made myself