Friday, September 10, 2010

Big Sean - Finally Famous Vol. 3 (Mixtape Review)



I'm posting this mixtape review very late so bare with me.
1. Final Hour (Prod. By Don Cannon & Nick Kage) - First off the beat on this is so nice. Good track for Sean just to go off on. He did a nice job but the end is kind of annoying with Don Cannon. 8.5/10
2. Meant To Be (Prod. By DJ Spinz) - This is the kind of song that I would expect from a mixtape. I really hate Cannon on this one. Just an average song. 7/10
3. What U Doin’ (Bullshittin’) (Prod. By The Olympicks) - I hate when rappers put album singles on mixtapes just to make the tape better. But I still feel this song. Especially the beat. My favorite line is still "Bitch I am a monster I belong in District 9." 9/10
4. Money & Sex f. Bun B (Prod. By No I.D.) - I bet you can guess what this song is about. Not really feeling the beat or the song. 6.5/10
5. Five Bucks (5 On It) f. Chip Tha Ripper & Curren$y - This beat is such a classic but I don't like the original song. But I'm loving Sean, Chip & Spitta on this. One of my favorites from the tape. 9.5/10
6. High Rise (Prod. By Don Cannon) - I guess Cannon has some good beats. Because this beat is great. Sean goes off on it. "I'm trying to change this gray clouds to vanilla skies, Camera in my face I guess the future will be televised". 9/10
7. Crazy (Prod. By The Olympicks) - This beat is nice as well. The track reminds of "This Bitch Is Crazy" by Drake. Decent mixtape track worth the listen. 7.5/10
8. Home Town (Prod. By Eliseo of Treal) - Nice track but nothing special. I swear Sean is getting cockier and cockier on tracks. 8/10
9. Supa Dupa Lemonade (Prod. By Bangladesh) - Ok so everyone knows what Sean did to this beat. So many quotables on this joint. Probably his best lyrics to date. "What the fuck these niggas sound like, Just a whole bunch of my sound bites". 9/10
10. My Closet f. Sayitainttone (Prod. By Key Wane) - Another track that I skipped while listening to this tape. Beat is average. And the lyrics are nothing special especially from Sayitainttone. 6/10
11. Too Fake f. Chiddy Bang (Prod. By Xaphoon Jones) - This beat is real nice. And I'm loving Sean's flow on this one. Xaphoon from Chiddy Bang did his thing on this one. 8/10
12. Fuck My Opponent f. Tyga (Prod. By Trillionz) - Both of them simply went in on the beat. Feeling Tyga's part on this more though. 8.5/10
13. Made f. Drake (Prod. By WrighTrax) - This song has been out for some time now. Not really feeling Drake's flow on this but he did well. But the hook, the beat and Sean's verse make this one of the best on this tape. "She said she like all girls I turned that bitch co-ed" 9.5/10
14. Ambigious f. Mike Posner (Prod. By Clinton Sparks) - This song has the potential to be a single if they change it slightly. But Mike Posner did his thing on it. Loving the hook. 9/10
15. Love Song f. Suai - I think this is Suai's track and Big Sean just rapped on it. But anyway it's pretty good. The verse flows well with the song. 9/10
16. Memories (Prod. By Key Wane) I wasn't feeling this at first. But on second listen this is one of the better songs on the tape. Good way to the bring to the tape to a close. 8.5/10
17. Glenwood (Bonus Track) f. Kanye West (Prod. By Kanye West) - Don't really understand why they put this on the tape because this has been out for about 2 years. But it's great anyway. 8/10
18. Fat Raps (Remix) f. Chip Tha Ripper, Chuck Inglish, Asher Roth, Dom Kennedy & Boldy James (Prod. By Chuck Inglish) - For some reason I still like the original better. Probably because Sean's verse was legendary on that and so was Curren$y's. But everybody did their thing on this anyway. 9/10


I wasn't feeling this tape when it first dropped. But on second and third listen. I'd say that about I really like 11 out of 18 songs. Which is good for a mixtape. The final grade is B- average grade is 8.

1 comment:

Harry said...

I like your mixtape reviews
I think I might have to do something like this

About

Created October 2009 - All music is for promotional use only. I do not own any of the other material featured on this blog. Unless it was made myself